Tuesday, July 28, 2026

New Jersey Democrat Defends Piker’s ‘America Deserved 9/11’: ‘I Still Love the Guy’

Democrat congressional candidate Adam Hamawy from New Jersey defended streamer Hasan Piker's controversial comment, “America deserved 9/11,” during an interview. This defense has raised questions regarding Hamawy's connections and past.

Adam Hamawy, a retired Army surgeon, is the Democrat nominee for New Jersey’s 12th Congressional District.

He defended Piker’s statement from a 2019 livestream, suggesting it should be viewed in context and expressed his belief that Piker regrets it.

Hamawy stated, “I still love the guy,” indicating his support for Piker despite the backlash.

Piker has a history of controversial remarks, including mocking ex-Rep.Dan Crenshaw and justifying the Hamas attack on Israel.

Hamawy acknowledged he was not familiar with Piker before the campaign but became aware of him through his children.

His campaign is under scrutiny due to his links to Omar Abdel-Rahman, who was convicted of a terrorism-related crime, and ties to an organization later associated with Al-Qaeda.

Hamawy condemned violence and terrorism but described media scrutiny as “guilt-by-association” attacks on Muslim political figures.

He is not alone in defending Piker; Michigan Democrat Abdul El-Sayed also emphasized the need to consider Piker's comments in context.

Hamawy’s defense of Piker’s comments has sparked discussion on the implications for his campaign and how political figures navigate controversial statements in today's climate. 

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2026/07/27/adam-hamawy-defends-hasan-piker-america-deserved-9-11/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do Democrats Even Know What The DSA Stands For?

A recent analysis by the I&I Editorial Board reveals a disconnect among Democrats regarding the Democratic Socialists of America (DSA). ...