Friday, July 12, 2024

Dems Privately Admit Trump Is No Threat To Democracy

"I can live with Donald Trump winning," is what elected Democrats privately admit to New York Times columnist and Vox cofounder Ezra Klein, in discussions that are so far off the record that Klein's notes have been tucked away in that Indiana Jones warehouse.

Klein appeared this week on The Bulwark Podcast with host Tim Miller, where the well-connected operative said, "I've had top Democrats say to me basically something like, 'I don't know why all these Democrats who think Donald Trump is an existential threat to democracy are acting the way they are. But the reason I'm acting the way I am is because I don't think that.'".

Like, "It would be quite unpleasant for me personally to come out against the president as an elected official in the Democratic party and weighing what will happen if Donald Trump wins," and saying, in a revealed preference way, "I can live with Donald Trump winning." And I've had people say that to me off the record, to be fair.

Translation: "I can live with Trump winning because he's no actual threat to democracy - and only so long as Biden doesn't bring me down with him."

It's safe to say that "Winning" isn't in his vocabulary.

If you want to hear a blood-boiling perspective on the hypocrisy and cynicism of Democratic elites in the face of the looming Trump threat from someone who speaks in soothing dulcet tones, do I have the podcast for you!

Don't you find it adorable that while elected Democrats are willing to admit, albeit privately, that there's no Trump threat to democracy, Miller and The Bulwark crew still earn their pay selling that same lie to their gullible audience? 

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2024/07/11/dems-privately-admit-trump-is-no-threat-to-democracy-n4930579 

No comments:

Post a Comment