Thursday, August 17, 2023

Biden Finally Speaks On Hawaii And Botches It Badly

It was a pretty horrible thing to report on when Joe Biden was asked about the death toll in Maui from the horrific fire on Sunday, and he coldly said, "No comment." Then video came out that showed on top of that, Biden smirked.

Biden finally did make a public comment regarding the fire on Tuesday during another event. But even that he managed to botch badly, seeming to forget the name Maui or be confused about where the fire was. 

“I apologize because I try very hard to keep my speeches between 15 and 18 minutes, but I got to talk a little bit about Hawaii,” Biden said as he began a speech that was supposed to tout his own economic policies. [....]

“The Army helicopters helped fire suppression efforts on the Big Island because there’s still some burning on the Big Island — not the one that, not the one where you see on television all the time,” he said, mixing up Hawaii, known as the Big Island, and Maui.

Joe Biden was on vacation, so he couldn't be bothered to address it until Monday.

Biden finally did make a public comment regarding the fire on Tuesday during another event.

"I apologize because I try very hard to keep my speeches between 15 and 18 minutes, but I got to talk a little bit about Hawaii," Biden said as he began a speech that was supposed to tout his own economic policies.

Biden said he and his wife Jill intended to visit once they wouldn't get in the way, but he wasn't prepared to set a date.

Some Hawaiians don't want Biden to come, not after his "No comment."

So much for everything Biden claims they're doing - it doesn't sound like much federal help is getting to people.

https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama/2023/08/17/biden-finally-speaks-on-hawaii-and-botches-it-badly-n2162726  

No comments:

Post a Comment

FCC To Unleash An Economic Boom, Thanks To Trump Tax Bill

The Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) plan to auction a significant amount of spectrum following the One Big Beautiful Bill Act,...