There once was a day where the Chamber of Commerce stood for the small business on Main Street.
A quick look at the SC Chamber of Commerce website paints quite a different story, and is worth looking into, considering their presence as a powerful lobby in our State House.
Perhaps the reason our "Republican" legislators were adamantly opposed to removing DEI from the State Budget last month is the Chamber's lobby from the Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
Read here for more on the Chamber's position on DEI. It appears 'woke' is being pushed by the Chamber's aggressive legislative agenda, and our Chamber of Commerce Republican Representatives have bought it hook, line, and sinker.
One of the top perks of Chamber Membership is "Aggressive year-round representation in Columbia by experienced lobbyists".
I strive to see much difference between the vast majority of Republicans and Democrats on many of the issues the Chamber has singled out as important.
I will add that not ALL of the Chamber's agenda is bad. In fact, I can get on board with SOME of their agenda.
No comments:
Post a Comment